The life I currently lead is completely unrecognizable from just a few months ago. So much has happened I am starting to lose track of it myself so I decided to make a list and share it with you all. What’s life if it’s not shared, right?
Since April 2012 -
- Due to some unforeseen circumstance within my company, I put in my notice and four days later was saying goodbye to my coworkers of 18 months.
- I left the job with high aims of moving to NYC, my dream city, and after a week “staycation” I started job hunting for a social media position in the Big Apple (full details here).
- In the interim I went to the Yoga Service Council on behalf of Sprout Yoga and realized I want to dedicate my life to service.
- I also visited Yogaville for a marvelous three day weekend with Krishna Das where I chanted, danced, and felt God’s grace.
- I changed my blog over to wordpress to reflect my new ambitions to grow my yoga/nutrition practice.
- I had a job interview for a company I REALLY wanted to work for. Despite hours of preparation, I completely tensed up and did not offer myself the way I had envisioned. Needless to say, I did not get the job. My heart broke.
- However, I was offered a part-time temporary job in south Jersey while I continued to job hunt in NYC. After careful consideration I decided to take the opportunity, leaving behind my parents (and pup), my yoga teaching gigs, my friends, and life as I knew it. Moving to this neck of the woods opened me up to the beach life (I live only 20 minutes away!), and now I cannot imagine living far from the beach again! More importantly, I met a wonderful man who in the short time we’ve known each other has completely changed my idea of love.
- I was asked to be a contributing writer over at Intent.com
- My grandmother had a heart attack so my parents invited me to a last minute week-long trip to San Fran where I was reunited with some family and had time to reevaluate my life and my path.
- That is when I decided to stay in the Philly area for a while longer rather than pursue NYC. While I am here with a part time job, I can focus on what I want to do more than anything in the whole entire world – nutrition. You see, I’ve been applying to 9-5 jobs because that’s what people my age are supposed to do. But it’s not what I want to do at all. What I WANT to do is have enough clients to be self-sustaining. I do not want to work for someone else. I want to spend my precious moments on this planet doing what I love, and that is guiding others to make the right decisions when it comes to health. It was a difficult decision but my heart spoke loud and it told me I should stay here and stop with the excuses. It’s time I pursue my passion. And when the heart says jump, you DEFINITELY say how high.
- Living only two hours from NYC means I can do things like go up for an afternoon and do yoga in Times Square with thousands of other yogis for the Summer Solstice. Pretty sweet experience!
- I am packing as we speak for my trip to Brasil. I bought these tickets a LONG time ago and although it’s not the best timing, in my opinion, I am happy for the opportunity to see my family for the first time in four years and experience my native culture again.
So that is where I am right now my dear friends. Every day I ask the Universe to help me stay open to the opportunities that arise. As cliche as this may sound, we never really know what will happen tomorrow. It’s important to have goals and ambition, but it’s equally important to be flexible and willing to change courses. A lot has happened in the past few months and I have a feeling a lot will continue to happen. I am excited for my trip to Brasil and also excited to be back and start building a community in my new place. Start going to a yoga studio again, teach yoga again, connect with like-minded folks, and give my blog more TLC are all on my to-do list.
How do you find grace during moments of uncertainty?